11/10/09

Interview with Glittersniffer Cosmetics Head Goddess, Lela








We tracked down our busy friend, Lela of Glittersniffer Cosmetics and got the lowdown on how she got to be one of the most successful handmade mineral makers out there! Her products ROCK, the colors all POP and the natural fabulous-ness of Vegan products not churned out by corporations and filled with junk appeals to us all (even if some of us are closet hoarders of product in fancy packaging...)


Glittersniffer, love the name how did you come up with that?
-I really wanted a name that would stand out and would be edgy. Everyone knows what glitter is and therefore I thought a Glitter"Sniffer" would definitely catch some eyes. Plus- it's just fun without being over the top in one genre or another.


Tell us how you got started making make up?
-I was reading up on mineral makeup when I learned that many big companies pack their products with ingredients to make their expensive ingredients last longer. I decided that I would no longer spend 16+ dollars on ONE eyeshadow pigment and decided to take matters into my own hands. ( Editors note: Glittersniffer Eyeshadow is only $5!!)


Were you passionate about make up previous to this?
-Very. I was very intrigued by all the colors I saw when I came across MAC or likewise makeup stands.



How many tattoo's do you actually have?
-Haha, I get asked this on every interview! I have 1 half sleeve and 7 other tattoos. My husband is a tattoo artist in the Metro Detroit area so I'm a pretty lucky gal :)


Are you a make up artist?
-Not officially. I have done makeup for pay however I'm actually a very big homebody. I'm very good with people however I feel much more comfortable being behind the curtain so to speak.




Are there commercial brands you will use? Which ones and why?
-I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, only because I haven't mastered the recipe yet =D


What is your favorite color eyeshadow?
-Hot Chocolate and 8-Mile. It seems like they blend amazingly well with any other color I add. They both produce incredible depth. 24K also makes my heart super happy.




What makeup item would you take on a deserted island if you could only choose one?
-Well, if I was on a deserted island I'm thinking for the sake of sanity I would like to have some solid perfume :D


100% Vegan mineral make-up, wow. Why would that benefit me and my face?
-I don't even know where to begin! Mineral makeup really is the purest form of cosmetics out there, granted that they don't have any "fillers" which is generally products like talc and those related to it. These can actually make your pores look horribly enlarged after time. If you do your research, you can find quality cosmetics although the choices are getting smaller and smaller all the time.





Any holiday gift items or sets you are cooking up for your fans?
-I am! I have quite a bit of new items coming up. It's just a matter of finding time for it. I have set out on my dream of becoming a home based business quite some ago although I still have a family and a full time job so it's rally hard for me to find things that I like to do like making new products. I am however, getting close to that dream and doing Etsy full time... at that point you can expect my shop to officially go Rock star status.


Thank you, Lela!! I can attest to the fact that her eyeshadows are incredible, and her Fresh Outta the Dryer Solid Perfume is like going back to my childhood! You heard it here my friends, get to know Lela ( I secretly fantasize that she will name an eyeshadow after me... just sayin')


OH and if you want a great way to try a bunch of her goodies all at once, go snag yourself a
Super Sampler Gift Bag! And be quick about it.

xoxox
Whitney

3 comments:

  1. <3 those eyeshadows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to mix up some new colors today...maybe one has your name on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I just wanted to let you know there are a lot of issues regarding Glittersniffer Cosmetics' products right now, in case you are still using them, and/or want to retract how you feel about it online.

    She has been selling products marketed as FDA eye approved and vegan, when they are not, and there are photos showing work environment sterility issues (no gloves), among other issues.

    There has been an official recall on pink pigments, including a kit marketed to little girls.

    I urge you to check out:

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/GlitterSniffer-Complaints/170925616276956

    http://glittersniffercomplaints.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glittersniffer-Cosmetics/85929629769

    http://glittersniffercosmetics.com/

    ReplyDelete