11/18/09

Juicy Grape - new handmade nail polish by ME!

Today I am introducing this new nail polish I created, Juicy Grape. You can do this yourself at home, I promise, it's super easy! I first made a blend of pigments - you can use your own pigments or loose eyeshadow


With my polish, I blended purple and black along with a secret blend of shimmer and color that I am sorry but I am not sharing with you... I know, I suck. (Glittersniffer Cosmetics makes an incredible line of affordable, handmade, vegan colors that POP!)

Once I had the color I wanted (which I can now also use on my eyes as well) I took a high-quality clear nail polish and poured some into a small disposable cup. Using a tiny spatula to scoop out the pigment, I blended the two together to achieve just the right consistency.

By the way, I used the same brush that comes in the clear polish bottle as you can clean it after without damaging or compromising the clear polish in the bottle. Just clean with nail polish remover and wipe off color.
























Make sure to put a layer of clear polish on your ready to paint nails so that they will be smooth and also so as not to stain your nails from color. If you have time, I also suggest clipping your cuticles and putting on cuticle oil so your hands and nails look their best (which I did not take the time to do in these pictures - obviously) Then paint. Simple as that. Allow each layer to mostly dry, as you do not want to create bubbles on your pretty nails and then finally, after cleaning the brush, add clear top coat. Voila!

In the photos you can see the process, I first show you the actual polish, notice the high density of color and shimmer. Then I painted my nails, using 2 coats of the Juicy Grape. Then I added a final coat of clear nail polish to give it a high shine. I love the final product, it's rich and dense with tons of glittery shimmer!

2 comments:

  1. help! maybe you can help me...travelling with Mac eyeshadow is sometimes not the best as they go everywhere in their lovely little cases and now leak out. My very black matt shadow is horrible to use as it ends up everywhere but on my lids. Is there a way to fix this? (otherwise i will have to turn them all into nail polishes..sob..sob)
    Seduj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok lets address the first issue: messy travel mate. I strongly recommend a makeup case, even a small one over a makeup bag. Less jostling and mess, also I use the palettes and palette pans as it tends to keep it all in one spot for easy transport and use.
    second issue: you HAVE to use a base for eyeshadow, it helps to hold it and set it. I recommend either concealer (not my first choice however) or a primer. Urban Decay and MAC both have a great product, try them, ask the makeup person to apply the makeup for you so that you can see which one works best for you.
    Also, use a small fluff brush and place the eyeshadow rather than brushing it on, simply pat in one or two strokes directly where you want it, unless you are placing it in the crease although I place the brush and then wiggle it more than I brush it around.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete