11/19/09

Review of Beauty Blender - makeup application with a sponge


Today I want to tell you about Beauty Blender with a long ass story to go with it. Of course I was drawn to it, its a pink egg for Pete's sake! But I thought it was over priced, 2 eggs and the cleanser and it ain't cheap! I visited Madina (Israeli cosmetic shop, they claim their makeup is made at the same place Dior is manufactured at in Italy... I say the proof is in the pudding, but more on that later) the other day, all fresh faced looking to purchase a concealer brush. I have one or two of their eyeshadows and by chance I happen to have met/know the gorgeous model who is their 'face' of the company, that's about it.


I know they have great brushes however, and the prices (for Israel) aren't too bad. The guy inside was busy with another customer so I perused their goodies. I like that they carry Evian spray and nail polish from Essie, the rest seemed a bit bland but ok. So after a while I discover the eyeshadow collection, find one I like and wait. and wait. Ok! so I can serve myself... and I do, only to have the guy wander over and warn me that the products are not testers. AND then check to see that I did not touch the one I pulled from the shelf. SHEESH, duh. I was ready to walk out... but then I played dumb. I had no makeup on and frankly my hair these days is a mess (another story.) so I looked like a good victim, I mean customer.


I told him I wanted to try the concealer brush so he brought out concealer (this is when he told me it was like Dior) and I was ready to go at that point but he loved that I had a great face for makeup and was clearly uninitiated into the makeup world (silly man) and went on to do my entire face. THIS is when I met Beauty Blender. He chose a foundation that I would have thunk was gonna be too dark, but lo and behold it wasn't! The Beauty Blender (and ok, I admit the foundation, too) ROCKED. It was so soft and applied the foundation so softly and evenly, it was super natural looking. I was kinda hooked. Then he went on to tell me how to contour my fabulous cheek bones (his words, not mine) and well, to keep this short; I got a whole lesson on how to apply natural makeup for day. LOL

I got HARD sold everything under the sun. Seriously, he took out all his guns. I attempted to be strong and bought only a few things. Beauty Blender Set, Foundation, a moisturizing lipstick in the palest of pink, a cream eyeshadow also soft pink to use as a base (yummy) the brush I came for (why does it always happen that I go for one thing and leave with too much??) and oh, the eyeshadow and some hair silicone for these dry ends (ugh!)
So... I tried the Beauty Blender on my friend and regular model, Talia. She likes to look very natural and was going to an evening wedding where she would be dancing, a lot. It was great, although it did not seem to use less product as he had suggested it would. Light, soft, natural and no issues with lines on the jaw. I used it on me next, and that's when I finally felt it had been worth the cashola. It was dreamy, in a word. And fast, no touch up needed.


In the picture of me, you see that I applied foundation (with my handy dandy Beauty Blender Pink Egg) as well as adding blush to contour my 'fab' cheek bones. This is my BEFORE, as in before concealer, eyes, mascara, blush, lips and whatever else... but I did also apply the pink cream shadow as a base. I went on to get crazy and did a BIG version of my popular Mermaid eye.
So what do you think? Would you try the Beauty Blender? I love mine and am even thinking of giving it as Christmas gifts to my pals. What do you think of the Mermaid eye?

No comments:

Post a Comment